This article describes how to go from a pictograph using in-built icons...
...to a pictograph using custom icons:
- A .jpg (jpeg) or .png file accessible on the internet without any password restrictions (e.g., a public URL, or a file saved on Google Drive or Dropbox).
- If you intend to display proportions (e.g. partly filled icons), you will need two versions of the icon: a filled version of the icon and an unfilled version of the same icon. Both icons need to be exactly the same size (i.e., both image files should be of the same width and height).
For the example above, we created two images:
It's not possible to change or alter the colors of custom icons. You should create and save them using the color schemes you want to use in your report.
1. See How to Create a Repeated Icon Pictograph Showing Proportions to create the base visualization.
2. Under Format > ICONS > Icon select (Custom icon).
3. Under Format > ICONS > Icon URL paste in the public URL for the filled icon.
4. Under Format > ICONS > Base icon URL paste in the public URL for the unfilled icon.