There is need to compute a purchase intent score, using a metric such as assuming that 100% of people that said I would definitely buy it are assumed to buy, 50% of those that said I would probably buy it are assumed to buy, and 0% of the remainder are assumed to buy.
Data has been collected on purchase intent, with a Nominal or Binary-Multi question such as:
- Create a table with the purchase intent question.
- In the Object Inspector on the right, click on DATA VALUES > Values.
- Enter the desired calibration factors into the Value Column. If you have a category that you wish to exclude from the analysis entirely, select Missing Values which will exclude it from all analyses.
- Press OK when you are finished.
- Select the table, and in the Object Inspector, select STATISTICS > Below > Average
- Optionally: if you wish to remove the percentages from the table, change the Structure to whichever is appropriate of Numeric or Numeric - Multi.
- Optionally: if you wish to rename the Average as Purchase Intent Index.