This article describes how to get started using the Custom Analysis menu.
In general, the benefit of this type of tool is that you can set up your analysis in a pre-defined way or with selectable options that don't require a user having to delve into code to change.
Let's look at an example where we take the following default table...
... and turn it into a
CreateCustomTable auto-fitting table using custom R code with significance testing arrows:
It is beyond the scope of this article to show you how to develop complicated commandis like the one used to create this table. Instead, we will be building a very simple custom analysis tool, just to get you started. Links to more complicated examples are included at the end of this article.
- A professional Displayr license.
Create a QScript
- Type alert("Hello World!");
- Press OK.
You will now be prompted to enter a name for the file so it can then be saved to your Displayr Cloud Drive:
- Type the name of the file:
- Click OK.
The file will automatically uploaded to the cloud drive:
If you create a QScript in a text editor outside of Displayr, you can instead upload it to the Displayr Cloud Drive from your document by clicking on your Profile icon > Displayr cloud drive > + Upload.
Run or Edit a QScript
- You can run a script saved in your Displayr Cloud Drive from the toolbar via Anything > [Company name] and choosing the appropriate script.
- If you wish to view or edit an existing script, you can load it in the QScript Editor via Anything > [Company name] > Open QScript from Displayr Cloud Drive.
The results are as follows: