This article describes how to go from a standard table...
...to a table where we add the SPSS custom attribute or comments for a variable set in the table footer:
In this example, we have added the Comment of Recoded age groups to the footer.
- A table with a variable (set) in the Rows that includes an SPSS custom attribute or comment.
- SPSS custom attributes may contain information about the original survey design (such as the original question text), making it useful to include this information in the footer of tables.
- Displayr will automatically create variable comments when your SPSS data file contains custom attributes. These appear under Properties > GENERAL > Comment and can be edited:
1. Select your table.
2. Go to Properties > RULES on the object inspector.
3. To apply the rule, select the Plus (+) > Browse Online Library > Modify Footers > Display SPSS Custom Attribute.
4. OPTIONAL: You are able to remove prefix text from the start of all comments. For example, if your comment was "Question text: Choose your gender", then you would enter "Question text: " (including the space) as your prefix, resulting in a final table footer of "Choose your gender".
5. Press OK.
Article is closed for comments.