This article describes how to go from a table with an aggregated Date/Time variable...
...to a table that shows only selected date rows or columns:
A table with an aggregated Date/Time variable in either the rows or columns. In this example, we are displaying the first 3 dates only and keeping only the Coke brands.
1. Select your table and go to Anything > Table > Select in the toolbar. You can also manually select the table under Inputs > TABLE 1 > Tables in Page(s) in the object inspector.
2. Change Select rows by to First date-time periods.
Alternatively, you can choose Date Range and specify the Start date and End date so that only rows with dates falling between these dates will appear in the output table.
The reverse option is Last date-time periods whereby it instead keeps the rows from the bottom.
3. Set Date-time period using the available units, e.g. Year, Month, Quarter and so on. Here, we will use Quarter.
4. OPTIONAL: First date-time periods to select will default to 1 but you can change this if required. This option specifies the number of periods from the first date in the table to include.
Note, there are multiple options here depending on how you define the periods. For example, 1 Quarter will be equivalent to 3 Months. You could also get the same result using a range if we entered 2017-01-01 for the start date and 2017-03-01 as the end date.
5. OPTIONAL: Untick Calendar periods if you wish your date-time periods to be counted relative to the first date in the table. If this is checked, the date-time periods selected will be relative to the calendar, whereby the first quarter is always January - March.
6. OPTIONAL: Choose the appropriate Select columns by option. Here, we will keep this as Selecting options below and select only the Coke brand rows under Columns to include.
7. OPTIONAL: Update Properties > APPEARANCE > Decimals and Number format as required.