- Familiarity with the Structure and Value Attributes of Variable Sets.
- A data set containing standard Net Promoter Score data (i.e., ordinal data on a 0-10 scale where 0 is not all likely to recommend and 10 is extremely likely to recommend).
Method 1 - automatic recoding
- Hover over the variable set containing the likelihood to recommend data from the Data Sets tree until a + appears.
- Click the + and go to Ready-Made New Variables > Recode Net Promoter Score (NPS) Variable(s). This will create a new variable set with recoded data.
- Drag the new variable set onto the page to create a summary table of the average of each variable, which is the NPS.
Method 2 - manual recoding
- Select the variable set containing the likelihood to recommend data from the Data Sets tree.
- From the object inspector on the right, go to Properties > DATA VALUES and click on the Values button.
- Change the entries in the Value column as follows, and press OK.
- 0-6: change to -100
- 7-8: change to 0
- 9-10: change to 100
- Click OK.
- Change the Structure to Numeric or Numeric - Multi. This will cause the table to show the Average, which gives us the NPS.
How to Recode Net Promoter Score (NPS) Variable(s)
Article is closed for comments.