This article describes how to connect Displayr to the Slack app to create a daily summary alert of all outstanding R object updating errors.
- A paid Displayr license.
- A Document that uses one of the methods from How to Automatically Update Calculations, Variables and Data Sets Using R.
- Create an incoming webhook in Slack using the following link: https://displayr.slack.com/apps/new/A0F7XDUAZ-incoming-webhooks.
- Select the Post to Channel.
- Click Add Incoming Webhooks Integration. Note, you don't need to set a username or icon because Displayr will override these settings.
- In Displayr, go to the Profile icon > Account settings > Settings.
- Ensure Expand Company name has been selected to flag the company as a multi-user company. Once clicked, it will state Revert to single user company.
- Scroll to the Webhooks table at the bottom and click New Webhook.
- Copy the URL from Slack into the URL field and ensure Kind is set to R update failures to Slack (aggregating).
- Click Save.