This article describes how to create a template for setting colors and font styles for all your Displayr visualizations. This will save you from having to manually create or copy and paste your visualizations to retain your style settings.
A Displayr document.
- From the toolbar, go to Anything > Visualization > Template. This will then give you a preview of all the color, chart, and number font styles that you can set for your visualizations.
To define your color palette:
- Select the output on your page, and from the object inspector, go to Inputs > COLOR PALETTE > Color palette, select Custom palette.
- Enter the hex values of the desired colors, eg, #5C9AD3 (blue) and #ED7D31 (orange).
- Alternatively, if you select Inputs > COLOR PALETTE > Color palette > Custom gradient, it allows you to transition from one color to another by setting the start and end colors. You also have more advanced options for specifying hex and RGB values under the color picker's More Colors option.
A further custom color setting is Named colors. This is designed for when you want to use defined colors for specifically named items in your visualization, eg, a brand list.
To use this setting, you should do the following:
- Set the Default color for unnamed values.
- Change the Specify colors using the drop-down, if necessary.
- Enter the name of the first item you want to color in the 'Color name 1' field.
- Select the color using the 'Color 1' color picker.
- Repeat for 'Color name 2' and so on until you have defined all items.
Setting your chart and number fonts
On the Chart fonts tab in the object inspector, you can set global font styles or make changes specific to various chart labels, such as data labels, legends, and X and Y axis titles.
- Update the global font size by updating the number in Chart fonts > GLOBAL FONT > Font size.
- Update the font style by selecting the Global font family from Chart fonts > GLOBAL FONT.
- Update the font color by selecting a color from Global font color under Chart fonts > GLOBAL FONT.
- OPTIONAL: You can make changes specific to various chart labels, such as data labels, legends, and X and Y axis titles by making updates in the corresponding sections in Chart fonts.
Using the visualization template
- Create a new visualization (Anything > Visualization) or select an existing one on your page.
- In the object inspector, under Chart > APPEARANCE > Use template, select your template.
- Under DATA SERIES > Color palette ensure Default or template settings is selected.
Once calculated, your visualization will now apply the color and font settings from your template.
This functionality also allows you to create multiple templates. It's just a matter of linking the appropriate template to your visualization. Furthermore, any update to your template settings will flow through to all visualizations that use this template.