This article describes how to go from verbatim text responses in either a single language or multiple languages:
To a state where the responses are translated into the language of your choice:
If you'd like to translate and categorize the text in one go using Dislpayr's text categorization tools, please see: How to Automatically Translate Text when Categorizing
You will need a Text variable. Text variables are represented by a small a next to the variable in the Data Sets tree:
OPTIONAL: If you have an input variable with multiple languages you will need to supply a nominal variable indicating language, enabling multiple languages to be translated at the same time.
- Select the text variable to be translated in the Data Sets tree.
- From the object inspector, go to Properties > TRANSFORMATIONS > Translate Text.
- A dialog box will appear asking you what language the input text is in.
- If the text is in a single language, select that language from the list.
- If you have a text variable containing multiple languages, select Specify with variable.
- Click OK.
- OPTIONAL: If working with multiple languages, select the nominal variable that contains a list of the languages and click OK.
- On the next dialog box, select the language you want the text translated into.
- A new variable will appear in your Data Sets tree with the translated text.
How to Automatically Translate Unstructured Text in Other Languages with Automatic Categorization
How to Automatically Translate Text when Categorizing
Article is closed for comments.