This article describes how to save respondent level cluster/group membership from a k-means cluster analysis by allocating cases to the most similar cluster (e.g., people to segments).
- A document containing a k-means cluster analysis output.
- Note, observations with missing values in the predictors are not predicted.
- Select the k-means cluster analysis output.
- From the object inspector, select SAVE VARIABLE(S) > Cluster Membership. A new categorical variable is added to the top of the data set called "Segment/Cluster memberships from...".
- Locate the new variable in the Data Sets tree and hover over it to preview the respondent level membership data or drag the variable onto the page to create a table.
- Optional: Add names to the cluster variable by first selecting the variable in the Data Sets tree, click the Labels button from the Properties on the right and enter your the cluster names in the Label column. Click OK to save the cluster names.