Displayr performance is impacted by how much data is in the document. Even the raw data imported needs to be accessible to the software and held in it's memory. You can see how much memory a data set requires by reviewing your document's memory usage and you can get more information about loading the raw data in Edit Mode.
In the Data Sets tree, select a data set and the Time to load the Raw data size are shown in the object inspector on the right.
If you believe this is an issue, you can update your data set with a revised version considering the following items that affect the data set's load:
- The file size of data files loaded as data sets.
- The number of observations/cases in the raw data.
- The number of variables in the raw data.
- The number of characters in text variables.
- How the data files have been created. In particular, often SPSS files are filled with blank spaces.
If it takes a long time to load a data set you may consider creating a separate data preparation document and reviewing other tips on how to make your data set more efficient.