Despite running out of a web browser Displayr is a very resource-intensive application, and for many customers, it's the most complex web application they use. It tests the limits of web browsers and the computers it runs on. This article gives tips on speeding up your interaction with Displayr.
How to see if you have a problem with your browser
Sometimes people have problems with their browser, which leads to problems with Displayr. Ways of seeing if you have a problem include:
- Run Displayr for the browser's private or incognito mode. If this makes things faster, it suggests a general problem with your browser.
Try a different browser (such as Firefox or the newest version of Edge, which Microsoft has also released for Windows 7). Firefox and Chrome should be identical for Displayr. If they're not, then we know it's a setting in Chrome that needs fixing.
Run browser benchmarks for Chrome in normal mode, which will give me a better understanding of your computer. The benchmarks take a total of 10-15 minutes:
General tips for improving the speed of your browser
There are a variety of things that you can do to make your browser faster, and these can make Displayr run faster:
- Have a fast internet connection
- Close other programs on your computer
- Close other tabs in your browser
- Use the latest browser (and, if on a Mac, use Chrome)
- Use a more modern and faster computer with more RAM
- Turn off browser extensions
- To speed web pages up, Chrome includes an option to use the graphics card in any PC to draw web pages. You can double-check it's turned on by opening Chrome settings, typing "hardware" (without quotes) into the search box, and check the "Use hardware acceleration when available" option is highlighted.
Understand Why a Document is Busy
View the Time Taken to Load a Data Set
Examine the Calculation Timings in the Raw R Output
Use the Render Profiler to Understand How Long Visualizations Take to Appear
Get Us to Help You Make a Document Faster
Diagnose Computer and Browser Issues
Please sign in to leave a comment.