This article describes how to run a script that reads through a data file and checks to see if it contains common data file errors. This script should be run immediately after importing a data file (i.e., prior to any data cleaning being undertaken in Displayr).
A Displayr document with a data set.
- OPTIONAL: If you have more than one data set in your Displayr document, select the one that you want to run this script on from the Data Sets tree.
- Go to Anything > Data > Miscellaneous > Check for Errors in Data File Construction.
The script will generate a brief table of any issues that have been found, along with a list of the names of the variables that have issues, and any questions whose variables have issues will be added to the Pages tree.
- Checks that the Variable Structure of the variables in the project appear sensible.
- Checks if any Nominal - Multi questions should be set as Binary - Multi (Compact) questions.
- Checks for incorrect Missing Data settings in binary variables.
- Checks for variables with blank labels.
- Checks for Text variables storing multiple response data separated by commas.
- Checks for the presence of a unique ID variable.
- Checks for demographic variables with incomplete data.
- Checks for variables containing only a single possible value.
Article is closed for comments.