This article describes how to use an existing weight variable as a weight in Displayr.
- A data set containing a weight variable created in another program.
1. From the menus, select Anything > Data > Variables > New > Weight - Single Variable.
2. Select the weight variable from the variable drop-down list.
3. Select A weight variable created in another program.
4. Click the Create Weight button.
If you select the weight variable in the Data Sets tree, and go to the General section of the object inspector, the Usable as a weight checkbox will now be ticked. This makes the variable available as a weight to be applied to an output.
To apply the weight to a table or other output, select the output and from the object inspector go to Inputs > Filters & Weight > Weight and select the weight variable.