Sometimes spontaneous awareness data is captured in a single text box with commas delimiting separate responses. Prior to using Displayr's coding variables it is necessary to split such data up into multiple variables.
This is done as follows:
- Hover over any variable in the Data Sets tree and click the Plus (+) that appears when you hover over it.
- Fill in the Name and Label fields as appropriate.
- Right-click on the newly-created variable and select Duplicate in the toolbar.
- Right-click on the copy and go to the Object Inspector on the right.
- Keep repeating the above three steps, increasing the number in the square brackets each time, until you have as many variables as are required.
- Select all the newly created variables, right-click and select Combine and set them as a Text - Multi.
You can then use the steps outlined in How to Manually Code Multiple Response Text Data to do the categorization.