If you're having trouble uploading larger files to Displayr, either to your Documents page, as a Data Set in a new document, or to the Displayr Cloud Drive, your computer's anti-virus program or firewall may be the cause. Please note that depending on the setup of your computer, you may need to work with your IT team to make these changes.
Displayr uses a service called Filestack to upload files to our servers. If you are experiencing problems uploading files, check that you allow/unblock the domains Filestack needs to work:
If your firewall can't use wildcards use these specific domains instead:
If none of the above works, follow these steps to isolate the problem:
- Try a different internet connection - this helps to isolate ISP/internet connection as a variable
- Try a different work PC - this helps to isolate hardware issues.
- Try a personal PC - this helps to isolate your work computer's IT setup (anti-virus, etc.).
Check for any Internet security software that is installed on your computer, but not installed on a colleague’s computer where file uploads work.
If these steps don't help, do the following and contact Support@displayr.com with the results of the following steps:
1. Attempt an upload of a different file type such as an image file.
- Edit any Displayr document and upload an image file from your computer, using Toolbar > Image > Browse your computer:
- When you contact our support team, let us know if this was successful or not, and if not, what error message you saw.
2. Generate a “HAR file” and email it to us. A HAR file contains detailed diagnostic information on the network issue.
- Follow these instructions here: Generating a HAR file for troubleshooting
- During step 7, “Reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before […]”, please attempt to upload a File to Displayr that typically fails to upload.
- Attach the HAR file to your email to our support team.