Displayr Visualization contains a Funnel type chart. However, this particular Visualization can only be exported as an image. This article describes how to create a Funnel chart that can be exported as an editable PowerPoint chart.
It contains the steps to go from the table like the below:
to an editable Funnel PowerPoint chart:
- A table containing data for the Funnel chart.
The method involves creating a Stacked Bar chart where filler data is paired with the My Brand funnel data. The two filler portions on each side of the actual funnel data are colored white so it appears the actual colored funnel portion is centered.
- First, we will need to create a new table using R with the filler data calculated. Go to Calculation > Custom Code and draw a box onto the Page.
- Update and input the below code into Properties > R Code:
# Replace table.output with the name of your table
mytable = table.output
# calculate the difference to 100%
fill = (100 - mytable) / 2
#combine the columns and return the final table
final = cbind(fill, mytable, fill)
#make statistic of table % for percentage data labels in PPT
#return final table
Your output should look like the table on the right, with the middle row containing the source funnel data, and each row sums up to 100.
- We will use this table as an input to the stacked bar chart. Select the Calculation table above and go to Inputs > OUTPUT > Visualization > Bar > Stacked Bar.
- Go to Chart > LEGEND > Legend > Hide.
- Next, select Chart > DATA SERIES > Color palette > Custom palette (color pickers).
- Set the first and the third color to transparent (the box with the red x). Set the second color to the color of your Funnel.
- OPTIONAL: To remove the axis labels go to Chart > VALUES (X) Axis and deselect Show axis labels.
- OPTIONAL: To remove the grid lines go to Chart > VALUES (X) Axis > Grid Line Width and set the value to 0.
- Go to Properties > POWERPOINT EXPORT > Format and select Microsoft Chart.
- To export the chart, go to Publish > Export Pages > PowerPoint > Export and Export Selected Page(s).
- Open the PowerPoint export and apply any other desired formatting changes to the chart (e.g. right click on the blue bars and Add Data Labels).