This article describes how to automatically combine categories together. For example, the number of SMS messages sent in a typical week combined into percentiles.
A Displayr document with at least one numeric variable.
Let's say you want to compute percentiles for the variable How many SMS sent in a typical week. Ensure that the variable you use is numeric.
- Click on the variable from the Data Sets tree.
- From the Anything menu, select Data > Variables > New > Ready-Made-New-Variables > Automatically Combine Catgegories > By Value > Percentiles.
- Select the options you want. In this example we will take the defaults.
A new variable will be added to your Data Sets tree with a preview of what the variable will look like after the categories are combined. If the variable doesn't look right, for instance maybe the category boundary is not what you expected, you can still make changes as long as the options dialog is visible.
- Displayr will automatically assign each value to a percentile.
- Drag the new variable onto the page.
The results are as follows:
How to Automatically Combine Categories - By Value
Article is closed for comments.