This article describes how to reduce the size of a .sav file that is too large to upload to the Displayr Cloud Drive. The current limit for upload is 16GB. Saving a .sav file as a QDat file in Q may result in reducting the file size to enable it to be successfully uploaded to the Displayr Cloud Drive.
A .sav file that that exceeds the 16GB limit for upload to the Displayr Cloud Drive.
The following steps provide an summary of the approach used to reduce an original 2.9GB .sav file down to 120MB .QDat file.
Reducing the file size:
Open the .sav file in Q (or the free Q Reader will also work)
- Go to Tools > Save Data As SPSS/CSV File and click OK
- In the dialogue box, in the save as type drop down select QDat Files
- Name the file and click Save.
Upload into Displayr:
Go to Displayr
Open up a new document
At the top right hand side click on the user icon (a black circle with person inside)
Click on Displayr cloud drive and click
- Drag the QDat file from Windows explorer onto the Select Files to Upload box and click the Upload button
- Go back to Displayr by clicking on the back button in your web browser.
- In the data sets tree click on Add a data set and select Displayr Cloud Drive
- Choose the QDat file from the list and click OK