This article describes how to create your own document templates that you can select from the New Document view in Displayr
You will need a design idea, perhaps an example PowerPoint document, and the necessary graphics, logos, and icons at hand that you want to use in your template.
1. Decide if you want your document template to be in Standard (4:3 aspect ratio) or Widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio).
2. On the Document page in Displayr, click + New Document.
3. Select the appropriate aspect ratio.
4. Select Blank Document as the template, and then create your new document.
5. In Displayr, go to the Page Master view, here:
6. Design your template pages in this view, using the default layouts for Title Only, Title Page, and add any new template pages as required. When the template is applied, these will be available to select when creating new pages in your documents.
7. When done, exit the Page Master view, and go to Publish > Export Data > Download Document (*.QPack). Save the document using either of the filename conventions here (this is important so that Displayr can recognize them later on!).
For a Widescreen template, name the file: yourName.widescreen.template.QPack
For a Standard template, name it: yourName.template.QPack
It is important part that the QPack's file name has ".widescreen.template" or ".template" at the end.
8. OPTIONAL - create thumbnail images for your template. To do this, save .png image files that represent your template, and give them the file names:
For a Widescreen template, name the file: yourName 1.widescreen.template.png
For a Standard template, name it: yourName 1.template.png
Note: Include a space between "yourName" and the number for Displayr to detect the file correctly.
If you have more images, then name them sequentially and numerically, i.e. 1, 2, 3 and so on.
9. Finally, upload your template to your Displayr Cloud drive by clicking your account icon and then Displayr cloud drive.
Your template will now be available to select when creating a new document.