This article describes how to go from a table containing multiple categories:
To a table that combines two or more categories into a single combined category:
A data set containing a Pick One or Pick Any variable set which contains categories that you want to combine.
- For Pick One questions, the category counts being merged are added together.
- For Pick Any questions, the categories are merged by counting respondents who selected any of the categories being merged.
1. Create a table from your Pick One or Pick Any question by dragging it from the Data Sets tree onto the page.
2. Hold down your Ctrl key and select the row header for each of the categories that you want to merge.
3. From the toolbar menu, select Combine > As One Category or right-click and select Combine. The variables will then be combined into a single category in the table:
4. OPTIONAL: Select the merged row header and then from the toolbar menu, select Rename to rename the row label.