This article describes how to create a new variable(s) by applying the square root transformation to the selected variable(s).
- Data loaded into a Displayr document must contain Numeric variables.
- Select the variable in the Data Sets tree.
- Either hover over any variable in your Data Sets tree > Plus (+) > Insert Variable(s) > Ready-Made New Variable(s) > Square-Root Variable(s) or else from the toolbar menu, select Anything > Data > Variables > New > Ready-Made New Variable(s) > Square-Root Variable(s). This creates a numeric R variable.
- If you select the newly created variable in the Data Sets tree and under Properties > R CODE you will see the R code used to create the transformation.
- To check the data, select both variables in the Data Sets tree and go to Anything > Table > Raw Data > Variable(s). This will tabulate the raw data for each respondent as seen above.
- OPTIONAL: If a different power transformation is required, the user can modify the R code used to compute the transformation.