This article describes how to you can create new variables that show the proportion of respondents who selected the top K options in
The table on the left shows a Summary table of a Nominal - Multi question. The table on the right shows a Summary of the Binary - Multi.
- A data set loaded into Displayr that contains
- Displayr identifies the bottom options by looking at the numeric Value for each category that is not selected as Missing Data in the Value Attributes, of the variable set, and choosing the lowest.
- OPTIONAL: To find out what the numeric values are, select the variable set in the Data Set tree.
- OPTIONAL: Then in the object inspector on the right of your screen, under Properties > DATA VALUES click on Select categories.
- To create a 'Bottom K Box' variable select the variable set in the Data Sets tree.
- Go to Anything > Data > Variables > New > Ready-Made New Variable(s) > Top K Category Variable(s) (Top K Boxes).
- Displayr will ask you how many categories you wish to combine, for example, to combine the bottom two categories type '2' and press OK.
- Displayr will then create new variables for the top 2 categories of each selected