This article describes how to go from a table displaying multiple categories including several with small (5% of less) percentages:
To a table displaying the small categories merged together into a single category:
A table containing multiple categories with two or more small values (percentages) that you want to merge together.
1. Select the table containing the categories that you want to merge.
2. From the toolbar menu, select Anything > Data > Variables > Modify > Merge Categories and select on of the following options:
- Merge Categories of Size 0.5 or Less
- Merge Categories of Size 1 or Less
- Merge Categories of Size 2 or Less
- Merge Categories of Size 3 or Less
- Merge Categories of Size 4 or Less
- Merge Categories of Size 5 or Less
Any categories with a percentage lower than the selected value will be combined into a single category.
3. Select the row label of the merged categories.
4. From the toolbar menu select Rename.
5. Enter a new label for the merged row (for example, "All others").
6. Click the Rename button.