This article describes how to go from a categorical variable which displays individual categories and percentages:
To a numeric variable which displays the overall average:
- A categorical variable in your data set which contains meaningful underlying numeric values. For example, an age variable which is coded with age range midpoints:
- Knowledge of how to check and adjust the Value Attributes of variables, see Variable Sets.
1. Create a table from your variable by dragging it from the Data Sets tree onto the page.
2. Select the variable in the Data Sets tree.
3. From the toolbar menu, select Anything > Data > Variables > Modify > Restructure > Average.