This article describes how to take a numeric question with high values:
And recode the values so that the high values are capped at a selected value:
- A data set containing one or more numeric variables with high values that you want to cap.
1. From the toolbar menu, select Anything > Data > Variables > Modify > Recode > Recode High Values (Capping) in Numeric Variables.
2. If you have multiple data sets in your document, you'll next be prompted to select the data set containing the variable(s) that you want to cap/recode.
3. A list of numeric questions is displayed. Select the questions that you want to cap. Hold your Ctrl key down to select multiple questions.
4. Enter the value to use as the cap. All values greater than the value entered will be recoded to that value.
To instead recode low values, select Anything > Data > Variables > Modify > Recode > Recode Low Values (Capping) in Numeric Variables.