This article describes how to take a table with a default sort order:
And sort it by a specific column or row:
- A Displayr document containing a table that you want to sort.
1. Select the table that you want to sort.
2. Click on the column or row header that you want to sort by.
3. Click Data Manipulation > Rows/Columns > Sort.
4. From the toolbar, select the Sort dropdown menu and then select one of the following options:
- Sort Labels - Ascending (e.g. A, B, C)
- Sort Labels - Descending (e.g. C, B, A)
- Sort By Values - Ascending (e.g. 1, 2, 3)
- Sort By Values - Descending (e.g. 3, 2, 1)
5. If sorting by values, select the statistic to sort by. Normally you'll want to select the top statistic (e.g. %), because it is what will be displayed on the table by default. However you can also sort by another statistic which is not currently shown on the table.