This article describes how to go from a table showing a the original ordinal categories:
To a table showing the categories with a top K category NET:
- An ordinal (scale) variable or variable in your data set.
1. Select either the ordinal variable from the Data Sets tree or select a table created from the variable.
2. From the toolbar menu, select Anything > Data > Variables > Modify > Add Categories > Add Top K Category NETs (Top K Boxes).
3. Enter the number of categories that you want to combine and click OK.
4. Enter a label for the NET as you want it to appear on the table and click OK.
5. Select where you want the NET to appear on the table: Beginning, End or Default position (next to the top k box categories) and click OK.