This article describes how to go from a table showing a the original ordinal categories:
To a table showing the categories with a bottom K category NET:
- An ordinal (scale) variable or variable(s) in your data set.
1. Select either the ordinal variable from the Data Sets tree or select a table created from the variable.
2. In the Data Sets tree, click the + where you want to insert the new variable set, and then select Ready-Made New Variables > Add Bottom K Category NETs (Bottom K Boxes).
3. Enter the number of categories that you want to combine and click OK.
4. Enter a label for the NET as you want it to appear on the table and click OK.
5. Select where you want the NET to appear on the table: Beginning, End or Default position (next to the bottom k box categories) and click OK.