This article describes how to go from a table containing a 'Don't know' category
To a table with the 'Don't know' category removed and the percentages rebased to the total excluding the 'Don't know responses.
- A categorical variable in your data set containing a 'Don't know' response category.
1. Create a table from your variable or variable set by dragging it from the Data Sets tree onto the page.
2. Select the variable or variable set in the Data Sets tree.
3. From the toolbar menu, select Anything > Data > Variables > Modify > Remove Categories > Remove Don't Know Categories.
Tip: You can restore the 'Don't know' category as follows:
1. Select the variable from the Data Sets tree.
2. From the object inspector on the right, click on the Missing values button.
3. In the Missing Values column, change the 'Don't know' category to 'Include in analyses'.