This article describes how to flatten a Nominal - Multi: Grid with unordered categories into one dimension that then allows you to crosstab it with other questions and banners.
To create a new Binary - Multi question which has each column nested under each row of the current Nominal - Multi/Ordinal - Multi variable sets.
In this example, the categories Hate and Dislike have been merged in the original question and then the QScript has been used to create a flattened copy of the question.
- A data set loaded into Displayr that contains
Select the variable in the Data Sets tree that you would like to apply this function to. If you want to apply the function to more than one variable set in the Data Sets tree, the function will identify the Nominal/Ordinal - Multi variable sets in your data set and ask you to select the variable set(s) you want to flatten. When you have selected them, click OK.
There are several ways to apply this function:
- Go to Anything > Data > Variables > New > Ready-Made New Variable(s) > Flatten Variable Set(s).
- Start typing the name of the function into the Search menus box at the top of the page.
- In the Data Sets tree click on the + sign, go to Ready-Made New Variable(s) > Flatten Variable Set(s).
- OPTIONAL: With the variable selected, if it is a Nominal/Ordinal - Multi variable set, there will be an option to Flatten Variable Set(s) in the object inspector and under Properties > TRANSFORMATIONS.
How to Create New Binary Variable(s)
Article is closed for comments.