This article describes how to create an upset plot - a plot showing the intersection between binary variables, which is useful for understanding the results of a TURF analysis.
As per the TURF Analysis requirements:
- A data set consisting of at least 100 respondents, ideally many more.
- A measurement of the appeal of three or more different alternatives per each respondent. These measurements can be from rating scales, historic purchase data, MaxDiff, conjoint utilities, or preference predictions.
- All measurement variables converted to a binary variable, where a 1 indicates the person likes whatever is being measured a 0 indicates otherwise.
- In the Anything menu select Advanced Analysis > TURF > Upset Plot.
- In the object inspector go to the Inputs tab.
- Select the measurement binary variable set from the Binary variables menu.
- OPTIONAL: To change the colors used in the plot go to the COLOR menu where you can change the Column color, Dot color, Background Shade color, and Bar color.