After you've ran a List of Items text analysis, you may want to tweak and further improve the results. This article describes how to review and use suggestions where the automatic categorization algorithms think that the data could potentially be merged further:
The variant suggestions can be added automatically to further train and improve the automatic categorization:
- A List of Items text analysis output, see How To Automatically Code Verbatim Lists of Items or Brands on how to create one.
- Select your List of Items analysis on the Page.
- Click the blue arrow next to the Diagnostics section at the bottom of the output to expand it.
- You will see a Variant Suggestions section that contains suggested category variants. Copy the rows of variants by highlighting the suggestions with your mouse and press Ctrl+C to copy or right-click and select Copy.
- From the object inspector, go to Inputs > REQUIRED CATEGORIES > Edit required phrases and variants.
- A spreadsheet will pop up on your screen. Paste the variants using Ctrl+V into the spreadsheet, starting on row 2, like so:
- Click OK.
- The automatic categorization output will recalculate and include the variants that were pasted in. You may want to review Diagnostics > Variant Suggestions to see if further improvements can be made.
- To save the categories to use in other analyses, from the object inspector, go to Inputs > SAVE VARIABLE(S) > Categories.
How To Automatically Code Unstructured Text Data Into an Entity List
Article is closed for comments.