This article describes how to review and use suggestions where the automatic categorization algorithms think that the data could potentially be merged further:
The variant suggestions can be added automatically to further train and improve the automatic categorization:
You will need at least one Text variable in order to perform automatic coding. Text variables are represented by a small a next to the variable in the Data Sets tree:
- From the toolbar, go to Anything > Advanced Analysis > Text Analysis > Automatic Categorization > List of Items.
- In the object inspector, under Inputs > DATA SOURCE > Text variable select the text variable you want to automatically code.
- Once the automatic categorization model has run, click on the output on your page.
- Expand the Diagnostics section of the output.
- You will see a Variant Suggestions section that contains suggested category variants. Copy the variants by highlighting the suggestions with your mouse and press Ctrl+C to copy or right-click and select Copy.
- From the object inspector, go to Inputs > REQUIRED CATEGORIES > Edit required phrases and variants.
- A spreadsheet will pop up on your screen. Paste the variants using Ctrl+V into the spreadsheet, starting on row 2.
- Click OK.
- The automatic categorization output will recalculate and include the variants that were pasted in. You may want to review Diagnostics > Variant Suggestions to see if further improvements can be made.
- To save the categories to use in other analyses, from the object inspector, go to Inputs > SAVE VARIABLE(S) > Categories.