This article describes how to go from a standard table...
...to a table that automatically adds descriptive footer text based on selected questions or a partial question name. In this example, Q8 only asked of males was added to the footer:
This rule allows for the addition of descriptions that are relevant only for certain questions. For example, when a question is not shown to all respondents this rule can be used to insert a description of the relevant part of the sample whenever that question is shown in a table.
1. Select your table.
2. Go to Properties > RULES on the object inspector.
3. To apply the rule, select the Plus (+) > Browse Online Library > Modify Footers > Description of Selected Data (e.g., Question Name, Skips, or Filtering).
4. Either use the Choose a question drop-down or the Enter all or part of question name text field.
5. Enter the desired Footer text.
6. OPTIONAL: Repeat steps 4 and 5 to add descriptive text for another question.
7. Press OK.