This article describes how to import a data set into Displayr using the Decipher API.
Please note that a data set added via the Decipher API will always update whenever you load the Displayr document. The automatic refresh setting described below is designed to simplify the updating process.
- A paid Decipher plan that includes API access.
- A Displayr document.
Finding your Decipher API information
1. Your Decipher Base URL is the base URL when you are logged into your account with "/API" appended to it. This will take the form of https://surveys.yourcompany.com/API.
2. Once logged in, you'll need to then find your full Decipher API Token:
- Click on your User profile and select API Access. This will take you to the API access page which lists all users who have generated API keys.
- If you don't have an API key or need to generate a new one, click Create new API key then enter "self" > OK > OK.
- Note that the full API token is required which is made up of both the public and private key. Once generated, the private key will no longer be accessible via your Decipher portal.
Importing your Decipher data
1. Select Data Sets > Plus (+) > Decipher.
2. Using your copied Base URL and API Token, enter these details on the subsequent screen.
3. Enter a number in hours for how often your data should be updated then press OK.
4. Select the desired survey and Displayr will add it as a data set to your document.