This article describes how to create a bar chart from categorical variables or variable sets as the data source. It will result in a bar chart such as this:
One of the following:
- A data set that contains at least one variable with a Nominal - Mutually exclusive categories structure, OR
- A Date/ Time variable, OR
- A multiple-response variable set structured as a Binary - Multi: Non-mutually exclusive categories
1. Go to Visualization > Bar > Bar.
2. In the object inspector, under Inputs > DATA SOURCE > Variables in 'Data' select the variable(s) to display in your (in the above example, an age category variable was used).
3. Click Calculate and/or ensure Automatic is checked.
As an alternative to point 2, above, you can drag a variable from the Data Sets tree into the object inspector > Inputs > DATA SOURCE > Variables in 'Data'.