Displayr has two major types of visualizations: Visualizations and Visualizations with Tests (formerly known as Charts). Visualizations are generated by R Code on the back-end, while Visualization with Tests is created directly in the app. Visualizations have more features.
This article will describe how to create and apply a PowerPoint Chart Template for your Visualizations with Tests.
It describes how to go from a default Visualizations with Tests design...
...to a templated chart design.
Note: Visualizations don't have the same template system, see How to Create a Visualization Template for more detail.
- When creating a template before you start you need to create a new page in your Document to perform the remaining steps.
- A Visualization with Tests is created by using the Visualization menu, or by selecting a table on the Page and then presenting this as a chart by altering the Inputs > OUTPUT > Visualization > Type of Visualization > Type with Tests.
Method: Create and Save a Template
- Select a Visualization with Tests.
- Format the chart to match the requirements for a template, e.g. colors, fonts, and other formatting features.
- Select this chart, then in the object inspector > Inputs > OUTPUT select Save as Template.
- Give the template a name and select OK.
Method: Apply a Template to a Visualization with Tests
1. Select a chart on the Page.
2. Go to the object inspector > Inputs > OUTPUT, and select Apply template.