Displayr has two major types of charts: Charts and Visualizations. A Chart is created directly from your data set by first creating a table. Visualizations are generated by R Code. This article will describe how to create and apply a template for your Chart. Visualizations created using the Visualization menu don't have the same template system.
This article describes how to create and apply a Chart template in Displayr to a Chart that has been created by using the Chart menu.
It describes how to go from a default Chart design...
...to a templated chart design.
- When creating a template for your Charts before you start you need to create a new page in your Document to perform the remaining steps.
- A Chart created by using the Chart menu, or by selecting a table on the Page and then presenting this as a chart by altering the Inputs > OUTPUT > Chart.
Method: Create and Save a Chart Template
- Format a chart to match the requirements for a template, e.g. colors, fonts, and other formatting features.
- Select this chart, then in the object inspector > Inputs > OUTPUT select Save as Template.
- Give the template a name and select OK.
Method: Apply a Chart Template to a Chart
1. Select a chart on the Page.
2. Go to the object inspector > Inputs > OUTPUT, and select Apply template.